Sunday, October 26, 2008

20 Years Ago: A Dream

20 years ago, when I was young:

I had a dream.
It was unworldly. Vivid. Special. Just for me and only me.
You showed me something and asked me a question.
How strange it felt that you expected no answer.

Those 20 years ago, when I was young.

Today, in an instant, I know. Suddenly, like a flash of lightning.
And like the thunder that follows I remembered the dream, and your question.
It plays back in my mind. I remember.

From 20 years ago. When I was young.

I now have the answer: It is "yes". That is the answer to your question.
You knew, didn't you? You knew this day would come!

Even 20 years ago, when I was young.

Who am I that you would be mindful of me?
You have never stopped being with me.
You have always been here with me.

Even 20 years ago, when I was young.

With tears of gratitude I thank you from all that I am.
Thank you for guiding me.
Thank you for loving me.

No comments: